Friday 8 March 2013

I Just Love These

 

Weathered Paper and Old Book

I just love old books and postcards and weathered paper in general. I used to think I was quite strange in this, until I discovered on Pinterest, judging on how many other people pin images of old books etc. on their boards, just how popular these are. I don’t really know why something aged and discoloured can be so beautiful in contrast to a newer shinier version, but somehow it just is. I use torn pages of my grandfather’s old books to make greeting cards and in my canvases and I like to think that this is giving an object a new life.  
There are many wonderful artists and craftspeople using aged papers from books in their work but I have a couple of personal favourites who really stand out with their stunning work; Jennifer Collier and Su Blackwell. To find out more read on….


Paper Art Using an Old Book

No comments:

Post a Comment