Friday 1 July 2016

Authentic Shopping….

I have been travelling around Spain for five months and during that time I have spent a little bit of time (well quite a bit really) looking in traditional shops rather than the high street shops. It is possible to shop in many of the same shops as in the UK; even Primark has come to Spain. But the question I ask is why would you want too?

 I have found some wonderful authentic shops selling baskets, hats, ceramics and so much more. I think to buy a product which is locally made by hand is a very special thing. By doing this it ensures the survival of rural crafts and supports local business. Unfortunately in Britain we have started to lose my traditional crafts and young people are not learning these skills, this is such a huge loss on many levels.



So please next time you are on holiday buy something made locally…

Sara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment