Friday 6 September 2013

Interesting Extra Bits

Jenny McCabe
The mission behind Coo & Co designs is to use natural and where possible recycled and up cycled materials. All pieces are made one at a time and by hand using water based inks which are environmentally friendly. Jenny is inspired by nature and all her work is based on her original sketches. I love her beautiful drawings and the practically as well as the design qualities of her work and its uniqueness.

Self-taught screen printer Lancaster-based fine artist, designer and maker Jenny McCabe of "Coo & Co Designs" in her own words…..
I have always been an artist; deal ways crafted and had a multitude of creative projects on the go. My formal training started with a foundation art course straight from school, then I went on to do a BTEC in Art as I didn’t want to leave the fantastically creative environment of Art school. After having my daughter and working as a community artist I finally managed to get to University to do a BA in Fine Art, but I hated it, it was far too conceptual and very anti-craft and making. I finished the degree and got good marks, but I wrestled for year with this idea that craft was bad. I tried out video-making and installations amongst loads of other things to finally come back to what I love, making something beautiful from nothing with you own hands.


Her book came out in 2013 called Hand Print and Make Your Own Bags which has 35 projects for you to have try at home or visit www.cooandco.co.uk to view Jenny’s lovely work.
Sara x

No comments:

Post a Comment